PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Interested in becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor but do not think you have the time to finish the whole course in time for that next PADI Instructor Examination? Do not think you are ready for the whole thing at one time and would like to get a start the get some experience before trying to pass the IE? Then this course is for you. It is essentially the first part of the Instructor Development Course and you will built on your knowledge gained as a PADI Divemaster and develop your dive knowledge through self study, examinations, and classroom presentations, some of which you yourself will deliver. You will also develop your in-water skills through both confined water and open water skills review and assessments of other diver’s skills, doing workshops and presentations, and in water Rescue assessments.
Once you have earned the PADI Assistant Instructor rating, you not only will gain experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, under the supervision of a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume some limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a good way to gain experience to become a great Scuba Instructor!
PADI Assistant Instructor Course Prerequisites
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certifying organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including deep,night and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for 6 months or more
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- The desire and motivation to advance your PADI Career